Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Smoakstack

Today was the first day of tracking and I'm speechless. We've only completed three songs out of ten and if I died tonight in my sleep my soul would be completely satisfied. I cannot wait to share it with all of you. 

Here's a quick run down of what the day looked like. 

Cason (producer) picked me up at 9 and we met Will Sales (drummer) and Tyler Burkum (guitarist) for coffee. 

Showed up at The Smoakstack (Yes... I know that's misspelled but check it. Paul, the owner/operator/engineer's last name is Moak. Add an "S" and you get "Smoak". So clever.) at 9:45 to start setting up with Paul Moak (guitarist/engineer) and Tony (bassist). 

Passed out charts and Cason talked briefly about what we wanted to accomplish with the album. 

I ran through the songs once to get everyone acquainted and 7 hours later we had 3 complete tracks. It was amazing!!

Believe me, it's odd for me to be this giddy, I mean what the hell I just made a list? I'm like the fat kid who finally got picked for the team. Seriously. 

Enough childhood confessions. Here are some more pics. Two more days left. Cross your fingers!


Paul at work


Wurly/Rhodes/Odd keyboard room


Just making some Grammy's 


Tyler on 'You only kiss me when you're Drunk"


About to track 'I could start Fires'


Tyler on lap steel


Will doing the do


Tony, my new best friend

Cheers,
David

4 comments:

  1. Dude, I am so excited for you. It seems like you are having a blast and working with some real professionals! Keep us updated...I love reading your posts and how things are going there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one david. im so excited to have a great friend who also happends to be a great singer/songwriter/musician, etc.

    can't wait to hear the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, looks nice! quick question, are they doing your final vox on an sm7 or is that for scratch? if its planned to be the final mic, what pre are they sending it through? this is must-know stuff david. help me. get me a job there while your at it.

    kisses,
    alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey man how's it going? interesting fact for you... tyler burkum played guitar with wild sweet orange for a tour. miss you man

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Who is David Ramirez?

My photo
Austin, TX, United States